Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The doctors are going to do another liver biopsy tomorrow. Jim has been in a holding pattern for several days and the liver refuses to improve. They want to make sure they are not missing anything and will go to a different area of the liver for comparison to the previous biopsy. They will be looking for an infection or the possibility of Host vs. Graft disease.

Jim has not been alert or really awake today. He received 2 units of blood during dialysis. His platelets are at 22, so they will be boosting those up to 50 before the biopsy tomorrow. We are all hopeful that something will be found that can be treated, so we can work on improving Jim's strength.

The last few days have been very emotional for me and I struggle with allowing the Lord to control this situation. I know in my heart that God will take care of Jim. I also have not given up hope that this condition can turn itself around...if it is part of Gods plan.

God Bless

1 comment:

Paul H said...

Patty

I continue to keep Jim in my morning prayers.(I also include you and the kids). I believe your faith has helped Jim tremendously and will continue to with repeated prayer. I will continue to prayer for your family and by the grace of God Jim can fully recover.

Paul