Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I want to thank you all for your cards, well wishes and prayers for our family. I woke up very sad this morning just thinking about all the "Thanksgiving feasts" we would have at our house. It was one of my favorite days and I loved cooking with Jim and creating our traditions as a family. He would be putting the turkey in the oven about now and basting it religiously while it cooked. We always watched the Macy's parade with the kids, Becca and Jack would help set the table and wait anxiously for our guests to arrive.

Today will be much different, however special in many ways. Rebecca, Jack and I are going to a restaurant to help serve a meal to those less fortunate. They close for business every Thanksgiving to do this for their community. I am looking forward to this and feel it will be a blessing for our family and a great way to start this difficult time of year.

Tears are streaming down, so I will close for now. Enjoy family, be thankful and celebrate life.

God Bless,
Patty, Becca and Jack aka Team Lambo...Keep The Faith!

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

My thoughts were with you and the kids this Thanksgiving, as they are on many days. This first year will be difficult as it is "the first." Jim is in your hearts and in your memories so he is never far.

Sending you hugs today and always.
Ingrid